At the end of winter we are all sad to pack up our snowboards and skis as the weather gets warmer and summer approaches. What is a board sports athlete to do during the summer months to keep their board skills sharp like your core, balance and muscle movements? Every rider wants to get back on the snow again stronger than the season before with a new bag of tricks to through down. The G Team thinks summer is the best time to improve and learn new skills. Just like other professional athletes who cross train during the off season, The G Team offers training programs for board sports athletes like trampoline to help riders progress even when the snow if gone.
- Trampoline Training- Helps to strengthen core muscles and improve body awareness will spinning and flipping. Learning skills on a trampoline first is the safest and most successful way to then bring skills to snow.
- Skateboard Training –Movements athletes use in skateboarding like dropping in, balancing and weight distribution are all used while on a snowboard.
- Wakeboarding – Think of the wake of the boat as a your kicker on the hill, many of the same principals that wakeboarders use to land tricks are the same as snowboarders.
G Team Summer Cross Training Details
- Training programs are June – August
- Open to athletes of all skill levels
- Flexible Training Schedules