Ryan Sheckler, love him or hate him – it doesn’t matter. He’s good and has been riding harder than ever in Etnies Shoes for 15 years. Damn.
2013 Top Shop / Top Crew
If one thing can be said about the 4 days that make up the 2013 Top Shop / Top Crew Skate Contest at 3rd Lair it would be – intense. 18 Crews from across the nation comprised their best 5 riders and 2 alternates to represent their team. After the dust had cleared the Geam Toon Team from the Harmony Skateshop in McHenery, IL stood on top.
2013 Top Shop / Top Crew Skate Contest Final Results:
1. Geam Toon
2. Yolo Gang
3. The Junkets
5. Team Goon
6. Ello Skateboards
7. Over The Top
8. The House
9. Cal Surf
2013 Top Crew TOp Shop Skate Contest Best Trick:
At the end of winter we are all sad to pack up our snowboards and skis as the weather gets warmer and summer approaches. What is a board sports athlete to do during the summer months to keep their board skills sharp like your core, balance and muscle movements? Every rider wants to get back on the snow again stronger than the season before with a new bag of tricks to through down. The G Team thinks summer is the best time to improve and learn new skills. Just like other professional athletes who cross train during the off season, The G Team offers training programs for board sports athletes like trampoline to help riders progress even when the snow if gone.
- Trampoline Training– Helps to strengthen core muscles and improve body awareness will spinning and flipping. Learning skills on a trampoline first is the safest and most successful way to then bring skills to snow.
- Skateboard Training –Movements athletes use in skateboarding like dropping in, balancing and weight distribution are all used while on a snowboard.
- Wakeboarding – Think of the wake of the boat as a your kicker on the hill, many of the same principals that wakeboarders use to land tricks are the same as snowboarders.
G Team Summer Cross Training Details
- Training programs are June – August
- Open to athletes of all skill levels
- Flexible Training Schedules
With the help of Thrasher magazine Creatures new video “CSFU” is out for free. Riders include Dave Gravette, Taylor Bingaman, Jim Greco, Sean Conover, Ryan Reyes, Navs, Sam Hitz and the rest of the squad.
Jake Brown is now the first person to lands an ollie 720 on the mega ramp during the Skate – Big Air at the 2013 X- Games in Brazil. It kind of makes you wonder if someone is making some new high tech Sticky Icky Ooey Gooey Grip Tape!